Taboo series two, starring Tom Hardy, expected to film next year

Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight meeting with Hardy this week about the new run

Peaky Blinders creator meeting with Tom Hardy next week about the new run

Steven Knight is meeting with Tom Hardy next week to discuss the second series of Taboo, with hopes that it could enter production late next year.  

Appearing at the Creative Cities Convention in Digbeth, Birmingham, Knight revealed that a follow-up to Scott Free Productions’ acclaimed BBC / FX co-production, which secured a recommission shortly after airing in 2017, remains on the cards.  

“I imagine that it will start production towards the end of next year,” Knight said. 

“[Tom and I] are both keen to continue and there are lots of people who want us to continue in that direction,” he said. “It’s been a question of schedules and deciding where it goes next.” 

He added that Taboo a show which continues to generate significant amounts of interest. 

Previous reports have suggested that Knight has already written six of the eight episodes.   

The appetite for another series of Taboo, which gripped 5.8m (25%) in its Saturday night slot on BBC1, has intensified since it was acquired by Netflix earlier this year. 

If it does proceed in line with Knight’s expectations it will add to a busy pile of projects for the Peaky Blinders creator over the next 18 months. 

Two Tone, the BBC1 drama Knight has created as the first fruits of his first-look partnership with Kudos, will start shooting in January, before production commences on the film version of BBC1 drama Peaky Blinders.  

Knight is also overseeing the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, which will take place in July. 

This article originally appeared on sister site, Broadcast.

Taboo series two, starring Tom Hardy, expected to film next year
Tom Hardy in Taboo
Taboo series two, starring Tom Hardy, expected to film next year
Tom Hardy in Taboo

Peaky Blinders creator meeting with Tom Hardy next week about the new run

Steven Knight is meeting with Tom Hardy next week to discuss the second series of Taboo, with hopes that it could enter production late next year.  

Appearing at the Creative Cities Convention in Digbeth, Birmingham, Knight revealed that a follow-up to Scott Free Productions’ acclaimed BBC / FX co-production, which secured a recommission shortly after airing in 2017, remains on the cards.  

“I imagine that it will start production towards the end of next year,” Knight said. 

“[Tom and I] are both keen to continue and there are lots of people who want us to continue in that direction,” he said. “It’s been a question of schedules and deciding where it goes next.” 

He added that Taboo a show which continues to generate significant amounts of interest. 

Previous reports have suggested that Knight has already written six of the eight episodes.   

The appetite for another series of Taboo, which gripped 5.8m (25%) in its Saturday night slot on BBC1, has intensified since it was acquired by Netflix earlier this year. 

If it does proceed in line with Knight’s expectations it will add to a busy pile of projects for the Peaky Blinders creator over the next 18 months. 

Two Tone, the BBC1 drama Knight has created as the first fruits of his first-look partnership with Kudos, will start shooting in January, before production commences on the film version of BBC1 drama Peaky Blinders.  

Knight is also overseeing the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, which will take place in July. 

This article originally appeared on sister site, Broadcast.

Latest news & features

Featured profiles

Promote your services with KFTV

Choose from three profile types - Basic, Silver and Gold

create profile

We offer a range of display advertising opportunities. Click below to find out more.

Advertise With Us